Aid For Nepali Children
Reg. No. 1117730
General Project Information
The charity mainly undertakes projects relating to providing disadvantaged Nepali children with an improved education.
The schools we work with are located in rural areas of Northeast Nepal in Dolakha District. The villagers earn a living from agriculture but struggle to make ends meet and most people live below the poverty line. Limited or no road access and the altitude and geography of the villages hinder development.
- We provide financial assistance and project management to schools that are in disrepair.
- We provide financial assistance to families in need, specifically to keep their children in education.
- We provide financial assistance for children to receive improved education.
- We provide financial assistance to schools to help them employ teachers.
Specific Project Information
THE UPALLMUDI PROJECT
- Upallmudi is located in the Mirge region of Dolakha and the project involved the demolition of the entire existing school building and the construction of two new buildings. The existing toilet block was re-sited, new furniture was provided and the salaries of two additional teachers are being paid for by the charity.
THE POKHARI PROJECT
- Pokhari is a two hour uphill walk from Upallmudi and one of two existing school buildings has been demolished and rebuilt along with a new two room building and a toilet block. Funds are being provided to help with the salaries of two teachers.
THE GOREDUNGA PROJECT
- A new building has been built plus a toilet block and the old school building demolished.
- FINANCIAL SUPPORT FOR FAMILIES -
Annual grants are made to Nepalese families - seven in Kathmandu and six in Dolakha - to assist with school costs and enable the parents to keep their children in school.